Most Active Stories
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Improved Ways To Listen To WUNC Online
Update 12/4/2013 4:45 pm: You can now choose to listen to WUNC in good quality mono or higher quality stereo by using the links at the top of any page. You should also be able to listen to either stream on your mobile device when you visit the site in your mobile browser. We've upgraded and installed new servers. Give the new stereo stream a try and see what you think.
Manually adding the WUNC stream to Windows Media Player and other players
Here are the manual instructions in case you need to add the stream to your stream bookmarks yourself, or if the stream is not playing back for you:
- Launch your Windows Media Player.
- Click "File" in the main menu bar. Scroll down and click "Open URL." (You can also use CTRL + U with the player open.)
- Type or paste http://18.104.22.168:8000/wunc128.m3u in the field, and click the "Open" or "OK" button.
These instructions will apply for many other clients and devices that play audio streams. If you can manually edit a stream or put in a "URL", you should use http://22.214.171.124:8000/wunc128.m3u (or, on some systems http://126.96.36.199:8000/listen.pls).
You can update your streams on desktop Internet Radios. Most radio receivers have a user interface where you can add and edit channels. Here are helps for some of the most popular models:
- SONOS: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/264/~/adding-internet-radio-stations-manually-to-sonos
- SQUEEZEBOX: http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13969/~/adding-my-own-radio-stations-to-squeezebox-radio
If you click on any of our "listen" links and you get an error, these can often be solved by clearing your browser's cache.
If you experience any issues, please email email@example.com.