Updated 3:03 p.m., June 28, 2017 North Carolina Republicans completed Wednesday their override of Democratic Gov. Roy Cooper's budget veto, enacting the spending plan over Cooper's objections that it's shortsighted, fiscally irresponsible and in some places unconstitutional.
Updated at 1:35 p.m. ET Americans broadly disapprove of the Senate GOP's health care bill, and they're unhappy with how Republicans are handling the efforts to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act, according to a new NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll . Just 17 percent of those surveyed say they approve of the Senate's health care plan, the Better Care Reconciliation Act. Fifty-five percent say they disapprove, while about a quarter said they hadn't heard enough about the proposal to have an...
Earlier this week, the BET Awards recognized some of the best in black entertainment. At the awards, Chicago-based artist and activist Chance the Rapper delivered a stirring speech after receiving the BET Humanitarian Award. Chance the Rapper was praised for recently donating $1 million to Chicago Public Schools.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Migrant crisis: Italy threatens to shut ports
- Syria took US chemical attack warning seriously - Mattis
- Barack Obama and family enjoy Indonesia holiday
- Japanese airline forces disabled man to crawl aboard
- Venezuela crisis: Hunt for pilot after attack on Supreme Court
- Brexit 'will blow hole in budget', EU commissioner warns