Duke University quickly and quietly removed a controversial statue from its most iconic building over the weekend.
As President Trump doubled down on his defense of Confederate statues and monuments this week, he overlooked an important fact noted by historians: The majority of the memorials seem to have been built with the intention not to honor fallen soldiers, but specifically to further ideals of white supremacy. More than 30 cities either have removed or are removing Confederate monuments, according to a list compiled by The New York Times , and the president said Thursday that in the process, the...
On Monday, Aug. 21 millions of Americans will experience a cosmic event of a lifetime: a total solar eclipse. This is the first time in 99 years that people from coast to coast can witness the moon completely covering the sun.
Like & Follow WUNC
- US Navy ship and oil tanker collide off Singapore
- US-South Korea set for divisive military drills
- Killer robots: Experts warn of 'third revolution in warfare'
- Jerry Lewis: US comedian dies aged 91 in Las Vegas
- Barcelona attack: Spain terror cell had 120 gas canisters
- Qantas chief to campaign for Australia same-sex marriage