As a black boy growing up in Florida, Terrance Ruth was inspired to become a teacher not by anyone at his school, but by his mother. She was a nurse at a youth psych ward and often brought her children with her to work.
The Rev. Jesse Jackson announced Friday that he has Parkinson's disease, saying that he first noticed symptoms "about three years ago." Jackson, 76, released the news in what he called an update "on my health and the future." The longtime political and social activist, who was part of Martin Luther King Jr.'s inner circle in the 1960s and who later founded the Rainbow PUSH Coalition, said that after noticing signs of the motor system disorder, he attempted to work through it. "But as my daily...
Violinist Tim Fain is a classically-trained musician, but his talents extend far beyond a classical repertoire.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Zimbabwe: Zanu-PF leaders meeting to decide Mugabe future
- US nuclear chief would resist 'illegal' presidential strike order
- Argentina missing submarine: Satellite signals detected
- Palestinians 'could freeze US ties' over Washington office closure
- David Cassidy: Ex-Partridge Family star suffers organ failure
- José Manuel Maza: Spain's attorney general dies aged 66