The number of North Carolina veterans who fought in World War II is declining. But last week, four of them got an official thanks from a country they helped liberate.
Updated at 4:12 p.m. ET The Trump administration is putting North Korea back on the State Department's list of state sponsors of terrorism . President Trump says the move "supports our maximum pressure campaign to isolate this murderous regime." President Trump told reporters on Monday that the Treasury Department will officially announce additional sanctions and penalties on the North Korean regime on Tuesday. President Trump says this should have happened years ago. In fact, North Korea was...
Margaret Bauer had what many would consider an idyllic childhood. She was raised in a restored plantation house in southern Louisiana on the bayou and spent her time with either her feet in the water or her nose in a book. She came from a long line of notable figures, including state politicians and renowned attorneys, so her name often preceded her, but Margaret just wanted to fit in.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Zimbabwe latest: Mugabe 'let wife Grace usurp power'
- Trump declares North Korea 'sponsor of terror'
- US moves to block AT&T's $85.4bn takeover of Time Warner
- Argentina navy: Missing sub 'had called to report breakdown'
- Germany's Merkel 'prefers new vote' after coalition talks fail
- Paris and Amsterdam to host key EU agencies