Republican leaders in the GOP-controlled General Assembly have extolled the streamlined budget process this session. Democrats say the public has been shut out of an important discussion.
Updated at 10:32 a.m. ET President Trump has called off a highly anticipated June 12 summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. "Sadly, based on the tremendous anger and open hostility displayed in your most recent statement, I feel it is inappropriate, at this time, to have this long planned meeting," Trump wrote in a letter to Kim. Trump's decision comes hours after North Korean Vice Foreign Minister Choe Son Hui, in remarks carried on the country's official KCNA news service, said it...
Like & Follow WUNC
- Trump cancels Kim summit amid North Korea 'hostility'
- MH17 missile owned by Russian brigade, investigators say
- Trump: NFL kneelers 'maybe shouldn't be in country'
- Boko Haram crisis: Amnesty accuses Nigeria troops of rape
- Italy student flies home from Pakistan after forced abortion
- Dresden tries to make WW2 bomb safe after fire