A new study suggests fear of punishment may keep soldiers from seeking substance abuse treatment.
On Friday, when Donald Trump puts his hand on a Bible and takes the oath of office, ethics experts say he may very well be in violation of a lease on one of his premier hotels. The Trump International Hotel is a grand dame of a building on Pennsylvania Avenue, just a stone's throw from the White House. It has become something of a tourist destination in Washington — and a rallying point for protesters — since Trump won the election. This week, they snarled traffic in front of the hotel, and...
As Donald Trump’s inauguration draws closer, popular culture wrestles the influence of the president-elect. In its latest episode, ‘Lemons,’ the ABC television show ‘Black-ish’ grappled with post-election grief and what the impending presidency might mean for communities of color. Host Frank Stasio talked with popular culture experts Mark Anthony Neal and Natalie Bullock Brown about the program and how it compares to political commentary in other television shows.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Gambia crisis: Jammeh given last chance to resign as troops close in
- Trump pledges unity at concert prior to inauguration
- Drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman extradited from Mexico to US
- Car ploughs into pedestrians in Melbourne, police say
- Rigopiano hotel avalanche search goes into night in Italy
- Man killed by crocodile in Australia's Northern Territory