Low cotton prices and a couple of bad weather years have unseated North Carolina as one of the leading cotton-producing states.
Updated at 12:44 a.m. ET Democrat Doug Jones has won the Alabama Senate special election, a victory that was a stunning upset in a deeply red state that voted overwhelmingly for President Trump. The president, who had backed Republican Roy Moore despite multiple accusations of sexual misconduct and assault, congratulated Jones on Twitter. The win by Jones, projected by The Associated Press two hours after the polls closed Tuesday night, is sure to send shock waves through Washington. The...
For L.A. McCrae, beer is a ministry. She owns Black Star Line Brewing Company – the first black-owned brewery in Western North Carolina.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Democrat defeats Moore in Alabama race
- Erdogan: World should recognise Jerusalem as Palestinian capital
- 'Feminism' is Merriam-Webster dictionary's word of the year
- Yemen war: Air strikes on rebel prison in Sanaa 'kill 30'
- US helicopter part crashes on Japanese school in Okinawa
- Two Reuters journalists missing in Myanmar