Updated 3:06 p.m., October 19, 2017 A Senate panel on Thursday narrowly backed the nomination of a North Carolina attorney to fill the nation's longest judicial vacancy over the objections of Democrats, black lawmakers and some civil rights groups.
It was the Friday before a Monday deadline, and federal health officials in Washington, D.C., were working feverishly with their counterparts in Oklahoma to finalize the details of a new state reinsurance program. Emails flew between the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services in Washington and Oklahoma's Department of Health. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma, the only ACA insurer in the state, was on board . Everything had to be done by Monday, Sept. 25, so the insurance company could...
In his 2018 budget proposal, President Donald Trump proposed a cut of more than $190 billion to SNAP – the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program – in the next 10 years.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Top aide defends Trump over widow remarks
- Catalonia crisis: Spain moves to suspend autonomy
- Anger over Mogadishu bomb attack boils over into streets
- Afghan army base destroyed by Taliban suicide bombers
- Love, Barack: Obama's letters to college girlfriend unveiled
- Gitanjali Rao: Girl of 11 takes US young scientist prize