Three confederate monuments on the state capitol grounds will stay up for now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnhovVz7NR0 Updated at 3:36 p.m. ET Sen. John McCain may, once again, be the savior of President Barack Obama's signature domestic achievement. The Arizona Republican announced in a statement on Friday that he opposes the latest GOP legislation to dismantle the Affordable Care Act. "I cannot in good conscience vote for the Graham-Cassidy proposal. I believe we could do better working together, Republicans and Democrats, and have not yet really tried," McCain...
On a winter evening in 1864, the H. L. Hunley became the first combat submarine to sink a warship. The vessel successfully sank its target but then disappeared along with its eight crew members. The Hunley was not found until 1995, when a number of hypotheses as to why it sank rose to the surface. But after hundreds of hours of calculations and experiments, a North Carolina-based naval engineer came up with a new theory: the Hunley sank itself with the blast it created by firing on the USS...
Like & Follow WUNC
- US bombers stage North Korea show of force
- Catalonia referendum: Madrid moves to take over local policing
- Trump under growing pressure over NFL player comments
- Soul singer Charles Bradley dies aged 68
- Puerto Rico 'failing' dam risk remains after Hurricane Maria
- Mexico earthquake: New tremor halts rescue operations