The Atlantic Coast Pipeline intended to carry natural gas across West Virginia, Virginia and North Carolina would have some adverse environmental effects, including impacts on water resources, forest and other habitats, but most could be reduced to insignificant levels, an assessment by federal regulators found.
Updated at 3:02 p.m. ET The White House communications operation underwent a dramatic shake-up Friday. Sean Spicer resigned as press secretary, after President Trump appointed Anthony Scaramucci, a wealthy New York financier, as his communications director. Appearing on camera before the White House press corps at a televised press briefing, Scaramucci then named Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Spicer's deputy, as the new press secretary. The personnel changes come six months after President Trump...
In January President Donald Trump issued an executive order that capped the number of refugees who could enter the United States at 50,000. That number more than halved the quota the previous administration had advised resettlement agencies to prepare for.
Like & Follow WUNC
- White House press secretary Sean Spicer resigns
- East Jerusalem: Palestinians killed as holy site tensions soar
- Dali's moustache 'intact at 10 past 10', exhumation finds
- North Korea tourism: US to ban Americans from visiting
- Murdered girl's family beg for US visa to attend funeral
- Erdogan says Germany cannot scare Turkey with threats