North Carolina is scheduled to appear before an NCAA infractions committee panel next month in its multiyear and oft-delayed academic case.
Updated at 4:30 p.m. ET President Trump has announced that the government will not allow transgender people to serve in the U.S. military, a year after the Pentagon lifted its ban on transgender service members. In a series of tweets on Wednesday morning, he wrote: "After consultation with my Generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States Government will not accept or allow ... Transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military. Our military must be...
Over the course of two decades, church leaders of the Word of Faith Fellowship in Spindale, North Carolina manipulated and abused congregants from Brazil, according to an investigation by the Associated Press. More than a dozen former members report being told to leave their family in Brazil to join the church in N.C. However, after they arrived they say they were forced into hard labor without pay and physically and emotionally abused.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Jerusalem flashpoint security apparatus removed
- Trump's transgender military ban 'not worked out yet'
- Chinese police detain 'female Jesus cult' members
- Venezuela crisis: US hits 13 top officials with sanctions
- Ohio State Fair ride accident kills one and injures several
- Malaysia MP: 'Denying husbands sex is abuse'