Editor's note: This story is part of an occasional series on what area community leaders and residents are doing to balance "peace and pride" in their neighborhoods.
The city of Charlotte, N.C., has lifted a midnight curfew, as protests over the weekend continued to be mostly peaceful.Demonstrators have taken to the streets for nearly a week, after police shot and killed Keith Lamont Scott on Tuesday. Police say Scott had a gun; his family says he was unarmed.The first two nights of unrest resulted in property damage, injuries and a temporary interstate shutdown. One protester was shot Wednesday night and later died; a civilian has been arrested in...
Like & Follow WUNC
- US election: Sparks fly in Clinton-Trump duel
- Colombia peace deal: Historic agreement is signed
- Washington state mall shooting: Suspect 'admits' gun attack
- Saudi women file petition to end male guardianship system
- Syria conflict: Obama 'deeply concerned' about Aleppo
- Lasantha Wickrematunge: Murdered editor's body to be exhumed
We bring the issues, personalities, and places of North Carolina to you.