Almost five months after Hurricane Matthew struck Eastern North Carolina, leaving 26 people dead and an estimated $1.6 billion in property damage, part of the long-term recovery has just gotten under way.
President Trump signed an executive action on Friday aimed at reducing red tape. It directs each federal agency to set up a task force to identify costly regulations that could be scaled back. "Every regulation should have to pass a simple test," Trump said. "Does it make life better or safer for American workers or consumers? If the answer is no, we will be getting rid of it — and getting rid of it quickly." Trump says for years, he has heard complaints from corporate executives about overly...
E arlier this month, pop singer Adele took home the Grammy for album of the year for her album “25.” Many people, including Adele, believed the award should have gone to Beyonce for the album “Lemonade.” But Adele’s accolade is in line with how Grammys have been doled out in recent years; a black artist has not won album of the year since Herbie Hancock in 2008.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Trump promises border wall 'soon, way ahead of schedule'
- French magistrate to investigate Francois Fillon case
- Olathe shooting: India shocked after national killed in US
- White House bans certain news media from briefing
- European Parliament: Questions raised over Martin Schulz's spending
- VW cracks down on executive pay after diesel scandal