President-elect Donald Trump is touring battleground states that delivered him victory on Election Day. Last Thursday, he spoke in Cincinnati, Ohio, and has stops scheduled in Iowa and Michigan. On Tuesday night, Trump spoke in Fayetteville, N.C.
Updated 5 p.m. ET The first American to orbit the Earth has died. John Glenn was the last surviving member of the original Mercury astronauts. He would later have a long political career as a U.S. senator, but that didn't stop his pioneering ways. Glenn made history a second time in 1998, when he flew aboard the shuttle Discovery to become the oldest person to fly in space. Glenn was 95 when he died; he had been hospitalized in an Ohio State University medical center in...
When most people hear “Rose Bowl,” they immediately think Pasadena, California. But in 1942, the Rose Bowl was relocated to Durham, North Carolina, in the wake of the attack on Pearl Harbor. It's the only Rose Bowl played outside of Pasadena, and the game almost did not happened. In his new book " Fields of Battle: Pearl Harbor, the Rose Bowl and the Boys Who Went to War " (Flatiron Books/2016), sports writer Brian Curtis tells the story of the game and the men who first met on the field as...
Like & Follow WUNC
- Aleppo battle: UN says hundreds of men missing
- Park Geun-hye: South Korea lawmakers vote to impeach leader
- McLaren report: More than 1,000 Russian athletes implicated in state-sponsored doping
- Netherlands trial: Geert Wilders guilty of incitement
- Chapecoense crash: Bolivia official accuses bosses of cover-up
- 'Godspeed, John Glenn': Obama leads tributes to US astronaut