Updated 3:06 p.m., October 19, 2017 A Senate panel on Thursday narrowly backed the nomination of a North Carolina attorney to fill the nation's longest judicial vacancy over the objections of Democrats, black lawmakers and some civil rights groups.
It was the Friday before a Monday deadline, and federal health officials in Washington, D.C., were working feverishly with their counterparts in Oklahoma to finalize the details of a new state reinsurance program. Emails flew between the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services in Washington and Oklahoma's Department of Health. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma, the only ACA insurer in the state, was on board . Everything had to be done by Monday, Sept. 25, so the insurance company could...
In his 2018 budget proposal, President Donald Trump proposed a cut of more than $190 billion to SNAP – the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program – in the next 10 years.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Obama and Bush decry deep US divisions without naming Trump
- Pollution linked to one in six deaths
- Harvey Weinstein: Tarantino knew about film mogul's alleged misconduct
- CIA chief: North Korea 'on cusp' of nuclear capability
- Richard Spencer speech at Florida campus sparks mass protest
- Catalan crisis: EU leaders rule out involvement in crisis