Governor Roy Cooper has directed the State Bureau of Investigation to look into possible criminal charges against Chemours, the chemical company behind the release of GenX into the Cape Fear River.
Jared Kushner, President Trump's son-in-law and senior adviser, told lawmakers in a statement on Monday that he "did not collude... with any foreign government."
In January President Donald Trump issued an executive order that capped the number of refugees who could enter the United States at 50,000. That number more than halved the quota the previous administration had advised resettlement agencies to prepare for.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Trump son-in-law Kushner defends conduct after Senate testimony
- Jerusalem holy site tensions 'must ease by Friday'
- Wisconsin company Three Square Market to microchip employees
- Republican blames women senators for 'repugnant' health bill woes
- Poland court reforms: PM Beata Szydlo vows to fight for change
- Pakistan blast: Taliban bike bomb kills 26 in Lahore