Cyrus Henson arrives at his classroom at 7:15 a.m. each day after an hour-long commute through the foothills of western North Carolina. He teaches a full day of math to freshmen, then stays until 6 p.m. to prepare for the next day.
Updated at 11:06 a.m. ET Zimbabwe's longtime president Robert Mugabe has resigned, according to a letter read by the speaker of the country's parliament. Lawmakers had already opened impeachment proceedings against him Tuesday. This comes one day after Mugabe ignored a deadline set by his party to resign. Jubilant crowds are celebrating the apparent end of his rule on the streets of the capital Harare. Mugabe, 93, has been Zimbabwe's leader since the country gained its independence from the U...
Margaret Bauer had what many would consider an idyllic childhood. She was raised in a restored plantation house in southern Louisiana on the bayou and spent her time with either her feet in the water or her nose in a book. She came from a long line of notable figures, including state politicians and renowned attorneys, so her name often preceded her, but Margaret just wanted to fit in.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Zimbabwe's President Mugabe resigns
- Nigeria suicide bombing kills 50 in Adamawa state
- Argentina missing submarine: Concern grows after two false alarms
- Russia denies nuclear accident after radioactive traces found
- US Judge permanently blocks Trump's sanctuary city order
- Mature white crocodile spotted in Australian river