State lawmakers are making another attempt to repeal House Bill 2, the controversial state law passed last year that requires people to use the public bathrooms that correspond with the sex listed on their birth certificate.
The Trump administration is rescinding guidance issued by its predecessor on the rights of transgender students to use bathrooms based on the gender with which they identify. The move reverses guidance the Obama administration publicized in May 2016, which said a federal law known as Title IX protects that right. The Justice and Education departments said Wednesday the Obama documents do not "contain extensive legal analysis or explain how the position is consistent with the express language...
Many people think that listening means just being quiet while someone else talks. But public radio host Krista Tippett says it an art form that must be practiced.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Mosul offensive: Iraqi forces recapture airport in bid to retake city
- Mexico's foreign minister rejects Trump deportation policy
- Trump rescinds transgender bathroom rules from Obama era
- Lahore bomb blast 'kills six'
- Ecuador will hold run-off poll to choose new president
- USA Gymnastics: Larry Nassar sexual abuse charges mount