The long-promised Republican bill to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare, has been delayed, NPR's Susan Davis reports. It was supposed to get a vote Thursday night, but it has been running into trouble — from both the right and the center. Thursday afternoon, the votes were not there to pass the bill. House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy tried downplay the task ahead, saying on CNN that leadership just needs to convince "a couple more" lawmakers to give their...
Marc Edwards has been named among the most influential people in the world by Time, Fortune, Politico, and Foreign Policy Magazine. Edwards is a professor of civil and environmental engineering at Virginia Tech , and he blew the whistle on the water crisis in Flint, Mich . His fight for clean water started long before Flint became national news. Edwards spent 13 years and hundreds of thousands of dollars of his own money fighting city officials and state representatives to reveal water-safety...
Like & Follow WUNC
- US healthcare bill: Blow for Trump as House vote delayed
- Man held for 'driving at crowd' in Antwerp, Belgium
- More than 200 migrants feared drowned in Mediterranean
- French election: Defence Minister Le Drian defects to Macron
- Toronto school board ends all new US trips for students
- Argentina ex-leader Cristina Fernandez to go on trial