Low cotton prices and a couple of bad weather years have unseated North Carolina as one of the leading cotton-producing states.
Updated at 11:59 p.m. ET Democrat Doug Jones has won the Alabama Senate special election, according to The Associated Press. The victory is a stunning upset in a deeply red state that voted overwhelmingly for President Trump, who backed Republican Roy Moore explicitly in the final days of the campaign despite multiple accusations of sexual misconduct and assault. The win by Jones is sure to send shock waves through Washington. The special election to replace Attorney General Jeff Sessions was...
For L.A. McCrae, beer is a ministry. She owns Black Star Line Brewing Company – the first black-owned brewery in Western North Carolina.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Democrat defeats Moore in Alabama race
- New York bombing suspect Akayed Ullah warned Trump on Facebook
- Egypt singer jailed for 'inciting debauchery' in music video
- US ready for North Korea talks without preconditions, says Tillerson
- Trump accused of 'slut shaming' Senator Kirsten Gillibrand
- Disney set to seal $60bn 21st Century Fox takeover