Early voting is off to a fast start in many North Carolina counties. As of Sunday, 408,906 voters had cast a ballot in North Carolina, according to the State Board of Elections.
From the outset, Democrats needed a very big-wave election to get to the 30 seats they need to win back control of the House. Then, a video of Donald Trump surfaced showing the GOP nominee making lewd comments, and later multiple women accused him of groping them. That left some wondering if these scandals could trigger that wave.But that simply hasn't happened.Some races have shifted late in Democrats' favor, particularly in Republican-held suburban districts with high levels of voters with...
With the election less than three weeks away, the national spotlight is on North Carolina as a key swing state in this election. The latest polls in the governor’s race show incumbent Governor Pat McCrory head-to-head with democratic challenger Attorney General Roy Cooper. Cooper has outraised McCrory by millions and outspent him in television ads. The candidates met multiple times for face-to-face debates during which they sparred over House Bill 2, taxes, and environmental issues.Cooper’s...
Like & Follow WUNC
- Belgium Walloons block key EU Ceta trade deal with Canada
- US election: Polling stations open in must-win state of Florida
- US singer Bobby Vee dies at 73
- Calais migrants: Hundreds moved from 'Jungle' camp
- Mosul offensive: Iraqi Kurdish forces besiege key town of Bashiqa
- French citizens killed in surveillance plane crash on Malta
We bring the issues, personalities, and places of North Carolina to you.