North Carolina icon Billy Graham passed away Wednesday at the age of 99. As the renowned evangelist is being remembered around the world, the organization he started in 1950 begins a new era without him.
Updated at 3:40 p.m. ET Just over a week after 17 people were killed at Parkland, Fla., high school, National Rifle Association executive vice president and CEO Wayne LaPierre gave a fiery, defiant speech at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference, or CPAC, on Thursday at the National Harbor in Maryland. LaPierre defended Second Amendment rights and warned of a "socialist agenda" intended to strip firearms away from law-abiding citizens. "As usual, the opportunists wasted not one...
Ft. Bragg Stories uses personal narratives to explore life on and around this country's largest military base. And, now it's available as a podcast on iTunes , Google Play and Stitcher . Each week over this year you'll hear a new story both on the radio where the stories air each Sunday evening around 5:35 and a new episode drop in our podcast feeds every weekend, too. Listen to this overview:
Like & Follow WUNC
- Florida school shooting: Armed officer 'did not confront killer'
- Syria war: Russia says no agreement on ceasefire resolution
- Arizona couple charged with locking up adopted children
- Trump-Russia: New charges for Paul Manafort and Rick Gates
- Dutch MPs vote to recognise disputed Armenian 'genocide'
- Saudi Arabia to invest $64bn in entertainment