A judge dismissed the criminal case Monday against the first of eight protesters standing trial on charges of toppling a Confederate statue last summer in North Carolina.
Updated at 9:30 a.m. ET President Trump is facing calls to act in the wake of the latest mass shooting, which killed 17 people Wednesday at a high school in Florida, and the White House is not ignoring them. The president will participate in a pair of listening sessions on school safety this week, and on Monday morning the White House said he supports efforts to improve the federal background check system, something Congress has expressed broad support for without acting on after past...
Multiracial people are the fastest growing demographic group in the country. The U.S. Census Bureau projects the nation’s multiracial population will triple by 2060 , but not much research has been done on this group. Sarah Gaither is hoping to change that. She’s an assistant professor of psychology and neuroscience at Duke University, and she is also a biracial woman.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Syria war: Scores of civilians killed in Eastern Ghouta strikes
- WHO warns of soaring rates of measles in Europe
- Mitsutoki Shigeta: 'Baby factory' dad wins paternity rights
- Ex-Cyclone Gita: Christchurch declares state of emergency
- Oxfam boss Mark Goldring 'sorry' over Haiti scandal
- Winter Olympics: Canada's Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir ice dance champions for second time