Second of two stories. Click here for the first. North Carolina is one of just two states that automatically charges 16- and 17-year-olds as adults in the criminal justice system. But in several counties, the court system is working with local law enforcement to give would-be young offenders a second chance.
There are beers that can make headlines simply by existing, especially if they use unique ingredients. That's the case with Stone Brewing's Full Circle Pale Ale, whose key component — water — came from an advanced filtration system that recycles and purifies San Diego wastewater that had previously been used in taps, toilets and showers. The beer is like many other modern pale ales, Stone says, with a rich caramel body underpinning the hops' floral, fruity notes. It was brewed to be ...
Marc Edwards has been named among the most influential people in the world by Time, Fortune, Politico, and Foreign Policy Magazine. Edwards is a professor of civil and environmental engineering at Virginia Tech , and he blew the whistle on the water crisis in Flint, Mich . His fight for clean water started long before Flint became national news. Edwards spent 13 years and hundreds of thousands of dollars of his own money fighting city officials and state representatives to reveal water-safety...
Like & Follow WUNC
- Russia protests: Opposition leader Navalny and hundreds others arrested
- Syria rebels 'take control' of IS-held airbase near Raqqa
- Merkel's party wins in Saarland bellwether vote for Germany
- United Airlines under fire for 'barring girls wearing leggings'
- Yemenis protest on war's second anniversary
- Chile pensions protest draws tens of thousands