Almost five months after Hurricane Matthew struck Eastern North Carolina, leaving 26 people dead and an estimated $1.6 billion in property damage, part of the long-term recovery has just gotten under way.
President Trump signed an executive action on Friday aimed at reducing red tape. It directs each federal agency to set up a task force to identify costly regulations that could be scaled back. "Every regulation should have to pass a simple test," Trump said. "Does it make life better or safer for American workers or consumers? If the answer is no, we will be getting rid of it — and getting rid of it quickly." Trump says for years, he has heard complaints from corporate executives about overly...
E arlier this month, pop singer Adele took home the Grammy for album of the year for her album “25.” Many people, including Adele, believed the award should have gone to Beyonce for the album “Lemonade.” But Adele’s accolade is in line with how Grammys have been doled out in recent years; a black artist has not won album of the year since Herbie Hancock in 2008.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Kim Jong-nam killing: Suspect 'was paid $90 for baby oil prank'
- White House briefing bar: Media groups condemn exclusion
- Olathe shooting: India shocked after national killed in US
- Syria: Twin attacks on Homs security bases kill dozens
- Mexico warns US over border wall funding
- Jodie Foster and Michael J Fox lead anti-Trump protest