This Saturday, students across North Carolina will join their peers from around the nation, yet again, to call for safer schools.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiRB7ys2oOY Updated at 2:21 p.m. ET President Trump signed a massive spending bill Friday, hours after threatening a veto that would have triggered a government shutdown. The $1.3 trillion omnibus legislation passed both chambers of Congress after lengthy negotiations between leaders of both parties. The Senate passed it late Thursday, and most lawmakers had left Washington by Friday morning. Trump tweeted just before 9 a.m. ET that he was "considering a VETO"...
According to a report by The Associated Press , the Cherokee Department of Social Services has been systematically and illegally removing children from their homes for years. The actions may have started more than a decade ago and affect at least 100 families.
Like & Follow WUNC
- Arnaud Beltrame: French police 'hero' dies of wounds
- Spain Catalonia: Clashes after separatist leaders detained
- DR Congo to shun its own donor conference in Geneva
- Florida school shooting: Pennsylvania students get stones
- Trump trade war: China tells US it will defend national interests
- Hamelin Bay: Nearly 150 beached whales die in Australia