People in Elizabeth City are taking sides in a fight over a proposed monument, and the outcome could have international implications.
Last week, when #firingFriday was trending on Twitter and White House aides had to be reassured by the chief of staff that no changes were imminent, President Trump embraced the uncertainty in public statements. His willingness to say "you're fired" to so many people, so early in his administration, is just another way Trump is unlike those who have come before him. No elected first-term president in the past 100 years has had this much Cabinet turnover this early in his presidency. And going...
The special election in Pennsylvania this week turned a reliably red district blue. Democratic candidate Conor Lamb beat Republican state Rep. Rick Saccone in Pennsylvania’s 18th Congressional District. Is this a wake-up call for the Republican party?
Ft. Bragg Stories uses personal narratives to explore life on and around this country's largest military base. And, now it's available as a podcast on iTunes , Google Play and Stitcher . Each week over this year you'll hear a new story both on the radio where the stories air each Sunday evening around 5:35 and a new episode drop in our podcast feeds every weekend, too. Listen to this overview:
Like & Follow WUNC
- Russia election: Putin ready for 'constructive' dialogue
- Texas explosions: 'Serial bomber' suspected in Austin blasts
- Spanish ship seized by Italy for saving migrants from Libya return
- Facebook shares slide amid privacy backlash
- MH17 crash: Ukraine pilot blamed by Russia 'kills himself'
- Syria war: Afrin looted by Turkish-backed rebels