Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
World Cafe Playlists
Tue January 1, 2013
World Cafe Host David Dye Picks His 10 Favorite Songs Of 2012
Originally published on Wed January 9, 2013 12:40 pm
David Dye has been hosting WXPN's World Cafe for more than 20 years. With new artists performing in the show's studios every day, Dye gets to witness firsthand the best music each year has to offer. Here are his 10 favorite songs of 2012:
• The Lumineers, "Ho Hey"
• Polica, "Dark Star"
• Divine Fits, "Would That Not Be Nice"
• Alabama Shakes, "Hold On"
• JD McPherson, "North Side Gal"
• Alt-J, "Breezeblocks"
• John Fullbright, "Gawd Above"
• Father John Misty, "I'm Writing A Novel"
• Tim Maia, "Que Beleza"
• Michael Kiwanuka, "Tell Me A Tale"