You're invited to join WUNC in Raleigh when the banjos and fiddles return to downtown.
WUNC will host one of the seven stages at this year's World of Bluegrass free StreetFest. Over 100 bands are scheduled to perform on the downtown Raleigh stages along Fayetteville Street.
This year's lineup includes WUNC's stage at the intersection of Fayetteville and Davie Streets.
It's all part of the World Of Bluegrass, the annual festival and business conference of the International Bluegrass Music Association (IBMA) that's billed as the organization's homecoming. It's now in its fourth year in Raleigh.
While many of the events at the festival require tickets, the StreetFest is a free event that features a large gathering of well-known and regional performers. WUNC's stage will be active September 30 and October 1. Here's a look at the scheduled lineup:
FRI 9/30 – WUNC IBMA World of Bluegrass Stage on Davie Street in Raleigh
- 12:15-1:00 The Williamson Brothers
- 1:30-2:15 Danny Paisley & Southern Grass
- 2:45-3:30 Larry Stephenson Band
- 4:00-4:45 Alice Gerrard and the Piedmont Melody Makers
- 5:15-6:00 Clay Hess Band
- 6:30-7:30 Chris Jones & The Night Drivers
- 8:00-9:15 Terry Baucom & Dukes of Drive
- 9:45-11:00 Alan Bibey & Grasstowne
SAT 10/1 – WUNC IBMA World of Bluegrass Stage on Davie Street in Raleigh
- 12:15-1:00 Carolina PineCones
- 1:30-2:15 The Honey Dewdrops
- 2:45-3:30 Piney Woods Boys
- 4:00-4:45 Ray Cardwell & Tennessee Moon with Pat Flynn
- 5:15-6:00 Mark Kuykendall, Bobby Hicks & Asheville Bluegrass
- 6:30-7:30 Jeanette Williams Band
- 8:00-9:15 Amythyst Kiah
- 9:45-11:00 Jim Lauderdale
WUNC also acknowledges the arrival of the World of Bluegrass on-air with music highlights heard throughout the day between our regular programs starting Monday September 26.