Most Active Stories
- North Carolina-Based Band Snags Notable 'Song Of The Year' Honors
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- NORAD's Santa Tracker Began With A Typo And A Good Sport
- A North Carolina Pie That Elicits An 'Oh My God' Response
- The “Lost” Recordings of an Overlooked Banjo Great
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Wed March 5, 2014
Women's ACC Basketball Tournament Starts Today
It's tournament time for Atlantic Coast Conference women's basketball.
Wake Forest starts things off tonight in Greensboro against Pittsburgh. Meanwhile, North Carolina, Duke and NC State have either one or two rounds off, thanks to good conference records.
The Wolfpack is ranked number 14 in the country, and has an automatic bid to the tournament quarterfinals. That's despite a flurry of injuries in the middle of the conference schedule.
Head Coach Wes Moore said he wants to take advantage of the time off.
“We come into the tournament still searching a little bit about how we want to adjust due to the injuries, but at the same time, excited about the opportunity and pleased with where we were able to get the double-bye,” Moore said. “Hopefully, we can go into the tournament rested and ready to play.”
NC State and Duke play Friday, while North Carolina will take on either Wake Forest or Pittsburgh tomorrow night.