Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Wed January 29, 2014
Winter Weather Advisory Still In Effect
From the National Weather Service in Raleigh:
A winter weather advisory continues through noon Thursday for all of central North Carolina:
- Many roads are still snow-covered and will remain hazardous today, particularly locations that received the heavier snow east and northeast of the Triangle.
- Any melted snow on the roads will re-freeze immediately after sunset, resulting in widespread black ice problems across much of central North Carolina tonight and Thursday morning.
- Frigid temperatures are expected across all of central North Carolina tonight, with lows bottoming out in the lower teens, and even single digits where the heavier snow fell.
- Temperatures across the area will not rise above freezing until around Noon Thursday, so expect hazardous travel conditions through that time.
You can contribute your snowfall measurement on the service's Facebook page. They especially need people in the east/northeastern counties and rural areas to go outside and measure. "Remember to take measurements in several spots...staying away from drifted areas."
Politics & Government