Most Active Stories
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- A Portrait Photographer Defies Social Norms
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Fri December 27, 2013
What's Inside The Brains Of Songbirds
Scientists are learning fascinating things by studying songbirds.
Sophisticated microscopes are able to see the smallest level of detail in the brain and determine how it changes in response to learning. Researchers at Duke University are using this technology to study the brains of songbirds and determine what implications their findings could have for humans.
Science & Technology