Most Active Stories
- Duke Mathematicians Investigate 2012 Election Results In North Carolina
- Public Safety Officials: NC Prison Officers Are Getting More Threats From Prison Gangs
- Change Is In The Air For DENR, State Parks
- 'The Last Barn Dance:' Innovation At A North Carolina Dairy Farm
- Teen Author Explores An Alternate Reality
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Thu April 25, 2013
'We've Had Enough Bushes,' Says Former First Lady Barbara
Originally published on Thu April 25, 2013 10:48 am
On the day her son George's presidential library is being dedicated in Dallas, former first lady Barbara Bush has told NBC's Today show that "we've had enough Bushes" when it comes to seeing the presidency.
She was asked about the possibility of another son, former GOP Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, running for the White House, in 2016.
Today adds that:
"She still called her son [Jeb] 'by far the best-qualified man,' but went on to say she thought there were many worthy candidates."