Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Thu April 25, 2013
'We've Had Enough Bushes,' Says Former First Lady Barbara
Originally published on Thu April 25, 2013 10:48 am
On the day her son George's presidential library is being dedicated in Dallas, former first lady Barbara Bush has told NBC's Today show that "we've had enough Bushes" when it comes to seeing the presidency.
She was asked about the possibility of another son, former GOP Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, running for the White House, in 2016.
Today adds that:
"She still called her son [Jeb] 'by far the best-qualified man,' but went on to say she thought there were many worthy candidates."