Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Thu November 14, 2013
Watching The Rising Tides Along North Carolina's Coast
Scientist Robert Young says that even the most conservative estimates show rising sea levels have a strong effect on the beaches of North Carolina.
He has observed the consequences of climate change and claims the damaging warming trends continue. Host Frank Stasio talks to Robert Young, director of the Program for the Study of Developed Shorelines and a professor of coastal geology at Western Carolina University.