Most Active Stories
- Carl Kasell Announces Retirement: Here Are 3 Things You Might Not Know About Him
- The Duke Porn Star: Three Waves Of Internet Shaming
- Durham-Chapel Hill Light Rail Project: Where Those Rails Might Go
- 'High School Is Not Easy. It's Not'
- NC County Will Trade Vintage Bonnie And Clyde Style Machine Guns For New Weapons
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Thu November 14, 2013
Watching The Rising Tides Along North Carolina's Coast
Scientist Robert Young says that even the most conservative estimates show rising sea levels have a strong effect on the beaches of North Carolina.
He has observed the consequences of climate change and claims the damaging warming trends continue. Host Frank Stasio talks to Robert Young, director of the Program for the Study of Developed Shorelines and a professor of coastal geology at Western Carolina University.