Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- Do You Know This Chapel Hill Bus Driver? Man Wants To Say Thanks
- Witness To A Texas Execution: Part One
- UNC’s New Grading System Could Show What That ‘A’ Is Really Worth
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Thu November 14, 2013
Watching The Rising Tides Along North Carolina's Coast
Scientist Robert Young says that even the most conservative estimates show rising sea levels have a strong effect on the beaches of North Carolina.
He has observed the consequences of climate change and claims the damaging warming trends continue. Host Frank Stasio talks to Robert Young, director of the Program for the Study of Developed Shorelines and a professor of coastal geology at Western Carolina University.