Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Thu November 14, 2013
Watching The Rising Tides Along North Carolina's Coast
Scientist Robert Young says that even the most conservative estimates show rising sea levels have a strong effect on the beaches of North Carolina.
He has observed the consequences of climate change and claims the damaging warming trends continue. Host Frank Stasio talks to Robert Young, director of the Program for the Study of Developed Shorelines and a professor of coastal geology at Western Carolina University.