Most Active Stories
- Viral Video: 'XMas Jammies' Features WNCN Anchor Penn Holderness And His Family
- DOT Secretary And SELC Director Debate Bonner Bridge
- Listeners Comment: NC Ranks #7 On List Of Nation’s Worst Drivers
- Professors: NC Conservative Think Tank Trying To 'Bully' Chapel Hill Instructor
- The Case Against Multivitamins Grows Stronger
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Tue June 11, 2013
WATCH: An Orca Steals A Fisherman's Catch
Originally published on Tue June 11, 2013 10:46 am
Both of those videos showed a shark swooping in and quickly stealing a fish caught on a line. Today, we bring you a more refined version of this genre.
On its Facebook page, an outdoors news site called The Alaska Life posted a video of an orca stealing a halibut from a fisherman's line. Unlike the sharks, the killer whale actually takes its time, surfacing a couple of times before scarfing down the fish. WARNING: There is an expletive at the beginning of the video:
GrindTv, which tipped us off to the video, says that it looks like the fishermen knew the orca was around. What isn't clear is whether they were "purposely trying to entice the orca with the hooked fish, as fishermen sometimes do with sharks."