Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Tue November 5, 2013
War: What Is It Good For?
War. The country has been engaged in it for the last decade, and yet the majority of the population knows it as little more than images on a screen.
Two artists want to change that. Christopher McElroen and T. Ryder Smith created the interactive theater experience “Measure Back,” to explore war and to ask the question: Can we understand it if we haven’t experienced it? Host Frank Stasio talks today with McElroen and Smith about their production, presented by Duke Performances at Manbites Dog Theater in Durham tomorrow through Saturday.