Most Active Stories
- Carl Kasell Announces Retirement: Here Are 3 Things You Might Not Know About Him
- The Duke Porn Star: Three Waves Of Internet Shaming
- Durham-Chapel Hill Light Rail Project: Where Those Rails Might Go
- 'High School Is Not Easy. It's Not'
- NC County Will Trade Vintage Bonnie And Clyde Style Machine Guns For New Weapons
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Mon November 11, 2013
Veterans Find Employment In Business Ownership
One of the most pressing concerns for armed services members returning home is employment.
The transition to the civilian workforce can be daunting for veterans. Some opt to form their own businesses and use the skills obtained in the military for entrepreneurial endeavors. Host Frank Stasio talks with two veteran business owners: Matt Victoriano served in the Marine Corps and now owns Intrepid Life Coffee & Spirits in Durham; Jason Brockus is an Army veteran and owner of Simply Better Seafood and Simply Better Thai in Fayetteville.