Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Tue March 26, 2013
UNC Hospital Stay Could Be Four-Diamond Experience
Patients at UNC Hospitals will soon be able to dine bedside on four-diamond fare from Il Palio at the Siena Hotel. UNC's Nutrition and Food Services Director Angelo Mojica is teaming up with Adam Rose, executive chef at Il Palio, to feature some of the restaurant's gourmet cuisine. UNC's Mojica says this kind of thing has never been done before in health care. He's in the process of reaching out to other high-end eateries in the Triangle and says it's a win-win for participating restaurants and UNC Hospitals.
"On our side, we get to show patients how much we care about them and it even elevates the quality of what we're already serving already. We think it's really high, but to see the Umstead Hotel, Il Palio, and Angus Barn on the menu if we ever partner with all of them - that means a lot to people and it means a lot to us."
Mojica says patients with insurance don't have to pay extra for the upscale meals. They're billed like any other food order. The launch of the new menu will be Tuesday, March 26th. Mojica hopes to offer selections from Il Palio and other restaurants once a month at first and eventually once a week.