Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- Do You Know This Chapel Hill Bus Driver? Man Wants To Say Thanks
- Witness To A Texas Execution: Part One
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
- Have We Been Overestimating Flood Risk On The Outer Banks?
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Mon February 18, 2013
Thorp Moving From UNC To Washington University
Holden Thorp will serve as provost at Washington University in Saint Louis after he steps down as chancellor at UNC-Chapel Hill.
Thorp announced the move in a campus-wide e-mail Monday morning. Thorp had said he would stay at UNC to teach and conduct research in the chemistry department, but he says the new position will allow him to return to teaching and research while keeping administrative duties.
Thorp has been chancellor at UNC for five years. The school has been in the middle of a scandal for the last two years that started with improper benefits for football players and spread to academic fraud in the African and Afro-American Studies Department. Thorp will leave UNC at the end of the academic year and start the job as provost at Washington University on July 1.