Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Tue October 29, 2013
Teachers Leading Without Leaving Classroom
Teachers who excel in instruction are often encouraged to pursue administration. But what if teachers could take on leadership roles and influence policy without giving up their job in the classroom?
The Center for Teaching Quality in Carrboro has a new solution: teacherpreneurs. A new book, "Teacherpreneurs: Innovative Teachers Who Lead But Don't Leave" describes how grant funding enables teachers to find new ways to lead while still providing classroom instruction (Jossey-Bass/2013).