Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- A Portrait Photographer Defies Social Norms
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Business & Economy
Fri May 13, 2011
Tanger Celebrates 30th Anniversary at NYSE
Tanger Factory Outlet Centers is spending the month of May celebrating its 30th Anniversary and its success as a top builder of outlet malls. Shareholders met today in New York for their annual meeting.
What better way to celebrate than by ringing the closing bell at the New York Stock Exchange. Steven Tanger rang the bell yesterday. He’s President and C-E-O of Greensboro-based Tanger Factory Outlet Centers.
One of their newest malls is in Mebane. When Tanger broke ground on the Mebane mall in 2009 – it was the largest commercial retail development in the state. Earlier this month – Tanger hit a new 52-week high on the stock market – trading at $27.91 a share. The Street-dot-com gives Tanger high marks in stock price performance and revenue growth – but low marks in debt management.