Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- Why Legislators Are Changing State Environmental Policy
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Business & Economy
Fri May 13, 2011
Tanger Celebrates 30th Anniversary at NYSE
Tanger Factory Outlet Centers is spending the month of May celebrating its 30th Anniversary and its success as a top builder of outlet malls. Shareholders met today in New York for their annual meeting.
What better way to celebrate than by ringing the closing bell at the New York Stock Exchange. Steven Tanger rang the bell yesterday. He’s President and C-E-O of Greensboro-based Tanger Factory Outlet Centers.
One of their newest malls is in Mebane. When Tanger broke ground on the Mebane mall in 2009 – it was the largest commercial retail development in the state. Earlier this month – Tanger hit a new 52-week high on the stock market – trading at $27.91 a share. The Street-dot-com gives Tanger high marks in stock price performance and revenue growth – but low marks in debt management.