Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- Do You Know This Chapel Hill Bus Driver? Man Wants To Say Thanks
- Witness To A Texas Execution: Part One
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
- UNC’s New Grading System Could Show What That ‘A’ Is Really Worth
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Wed November 6, 2013
The Status of Women in Eastern North Carolina
Earlier this year the Institute for Women’s Policy Research conducted a study regarding the status of women and girls in North Carolina, commissioned by the North Carolina Women's Council.
Among the many conditions the study examined were health, access to education and income. And although these results are illuminating, they differ greatly from region to region across the state. The Institute has recently released a new study about the status of Women in Eastern North Carolina. Host Frank Stasio talks with Cynthia Hess, the study director for the Institute for Women’s Policy Research.