Most Active Stories
- North Carolina-Based Band Snags Notable 'Song Of The Year' Honors
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- NORAD's Santa Tracker Began With A Typo And A Good Sport
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Business & Economy
Fri August 29, 2014
A Solar Bright Spot In The NC Economy
Strata Solar has constructed more than 60 clean energy projects across North Carolina, and they hosted a ribbon-cutting Thursday.
It’s just another example of how fast the solar sector is growing in the state.
Betsy McCorkle is Director of Government Relations for the North Carolina Sustainable Energy Association. She says solar represents $1.5 billion in investments across North Carolina, and growing.
“The landscape for renewables is very bright. Obviously solar is the shining star at the moment. No pun intended," said McCorkle.
Strata Solar’s latest project is in Nash County, a project that will generate power for 615 homes.
Earlier this year, SNL Energy reported, North Carolina had the second largest amount of solar capacity under construction in the country. California topped the list.
Science & Technology
Politics & Government