Most Active Stories
- NC State Student Uncovered Neck Bone Of Biggest Dinosaur Ever
- NC Photographer Uses Pinup Photos As A Way For Women To Appreciate Their Bodies
- 'Breathtaking' Images Discovered Of A 1950s Shoeshine Competition In North Carolina
- Scholars Gather Saturday To Share Little-Known NC Stories
- George Hamilton IV: 1937-2014. Five Songs That Made Him Famous
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Business & Economy
Fri August 29, 2014
A Solar Bright Spot In The NC Economy
Strata Solar has constructed more than 60 clean energy projects across North Carolina, and they hosted a ribbon-cutting Thursday.
It’s just another example of how fast the solar sector is growing in the state.
Betsy McCorkle is Director of Government Relations for the North Carolina Sustainable Energy Association. She says solar represents $1.5 billion in investments across North Carolina, and growing.
“The landscape for renewables is very bright. Obviously solar is the shining star at the moment. No pun intended," said McCorkle.
Strata Solar’s latest project is in Nash County, a project that will generate power for 615 homes.
Earlier this year, SNL Energy reported, North Carolina had the second largest amount of solar capacity under construction in the country. California topped the list.
Science & Technology
Politics & Government