Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Fri August 12, 2011
College exposed cellist Shana Tucker to a world of musical possibilities. Before enrolling at Howard University in Washington, D.C., Tucker had only been trained to play classical music. But during her time as an undergrad in the nation’s capital, she was introduced to jazz and the magic that can be created with improvisation. Tucker, a singer-songwriter, now lives in North Carolina where she is fast becoming a staple of the music scene in the Triangle. Her debut solo CD, “Shine” was released this year.