Most Active Stories
- Duke Mathematicians Investigate 2012 Election Results In North Carolina
- Public Safety Officials: NC Prison Officers Are Getting More Threats From Prison Gangs
- Change Is In The Air For DENR, State Parks
- 'The Last Barn Dance:' Innovation At A North Carolina Dairy Farm
- Teen Author Explores An Alternate Reality
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Tue May 7, 2013
With Senate Approval, Delaware Poised To Allow Gay Marriage
Originally published on Wed May 8, 2013 2:13 pm
The Delaware Senate passed a bill that would legalize same-sex marriages. Gov. Jack Markell said he would sign the bill, which means that the state is poised to become the 11th in the country to allow gay marriages.
The vote comes less than a week after Rhode Island Gov. Lincoln Chafee signed a similar measure into law.
Delawareonline.com reports that the bill passed 12-9, "receiving two more votes than were required for passage."