Most Active Stories
- North Carolina-Based Band Snags Notable 'Song Of The Year' Honors
- NORAD's Santa Tracker Began With A Typo And A Good Sport
- A North Carolina Pie That Elicits An 'Oh My God' Response
- The “Lost” Recordings of an Overlooked Banjo Great
- Dozens Say NC's Proposed Rules For Abortion Clinics Are OK, But A Few Disagree
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Tue May 7, 2013
With Senate Approval, Delaware Poised To Allow Gay Marriage
Originally published on Wed May 8, 2013 2:13 pm
The Delaware Senate passed a bill that would legalize same-sex marriages. Gov. Jack Markell said he would sign the bill, which means that the state is poised to become the 11th in the country to allow gay marriages.
The vote comes less than a week after Rhode Island Gov. Lincoln Chafee signed a similar measure into law.
Delawareonline.com reports that the bill passed 12-9, "receiving two more votes than were required for passage."