Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Thu July 5, 2012
Renewing Our Schools Part I
Hal Kwalwasser was an anti-trust lawyer before becoming counsel to the Los Angeles Unified School District. He applied his legal skills to America's educational policy to break down the problems and find the solutions recorded in his new book, “Renewal: Remaking America's Schools for the 21st Century” (R & L Education/2012).
He examines the 40 best performing school systems in the country including two counties here in North Carolina: Statesville/Iredell and Watagua. Kwalwasser joins host Frank Stasio to discuss the secrets of Statesville/Iredell County's success in the first of our two part mini-series on education reform.