Most Active Stories
- It's Final: UNC Board of Governors Votes To Close Academic Centers
- UNC Board Of Governors A Step Closer To Closing Academic Centers
- Stranded At School: Chapel Hill-Carrboro Lets Out Before Buses Can Hit The Road
- The Life, Legacy, And Science of "Queen of Agrobacterium" Mary-Dell Chilton
- Snowstorm Knocks Out Power For Thousands - Black Ice Threat Through Friday Morning
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Fri April 22, 2011
Remembering Chris Hondros
Photojournalist Chris Hondros was killed in Libya on Wednesday along with Tim Hetherington, the Oscar-nominated director of the war documentary "Restrepo." Hondros grew up in Fayetteville, graduated from North Carolina State University and worked for a time at the Fayetteville Observer. After Hondros left North Carolina, he became an acclaimed war photographer, winning numerous awards and becoming a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize in 2004.
Host Frank Stasio will talk with Amber Nimocks and JD Pooley, two friends and former colleagues of Hondros’. Nimocks is a producer of "The State of Things.” Pooley is a photojournalist at the Sentinel-Tribune in Ohio.