Most Active Stories
- 'Alarming' Number Of Teachers Resigning In Wake County
- UNC’s New Grading System Could Show What That ‘A’ Is Really Worth
- 'Completely Unique': Cave-Dwelling Female Insects Have Penises
- Back Porch Music Is Back On The Lawn: 8 Free Concerts In 2014
- Primary Heats Up For North Carolina’s 2nd Congressional District
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Tue November 26, 2013
The Rebirth Of The North Carolina Textile Industry
For decades, the textile industry was an essential part of North Carolina’ economy. But the industry took a huge hit in the early 2000s due to outsourcing and high rates of automation.
Today textile businesses in the state are innovating and producing novel types of textiles. Host Frank Stasio talks with A. Blanton Godfrey, dean of the College of Textiles at North Carolina State University; and Robert Newton, director of the documentary, Still Standing: The Real Story of the NC Textile Industry. This is the first in the series, The State of Industries in North Carolina.