Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Tue December 3, 2013
Raleigh Native Rocks Project Runway
When Project Runway mentor Tim Gunn told contestants on Season 12 to “make it work,” North Carolina State University students saw a familiar face.
Justin LeBlanc teaches fashion and design at North Carolina State University and he was a finalist on the Lifetime reality series this year. As the first deaf contestant in the show’s history, LeBlanc made headlines not only for his design skill, but for showing that his deafness did not hinder his ability to achieve.
Host Frank Stasio talks with LeBlanc about Project Runway, his design work and his future.