Most Active Stories
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- A Portrait Photographer Defies Social Norms
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Business & Economy
Tue June 19, 2012
Quintiles To Open China Headquarters
Durham-based Quintiles has had a strong presence in China for 15 years. Now it is building a headquarters there to serve nearby Asian countries.
Leoneda Inge: Quintiles is building a 14-million dollar regional headquarters in Shanghai. The bio-pharmaceutical services company that manages clinical trials already has a presence in Beijing and Hong Kong. Phil Bridges is a spokesman for Quintiles. He says it was time to significantly expand lab testing capabilities in China.
Phil Bridges: The whole continent of Asia is growing for us extremely rapidly, as it is for all of health care and especially the pharma industry. So, it is important for us to establish a strong foothold there with qualified employees.
Company leaders say there will be nearly 600 Quintiles employees in China by the end of this year. Quintiles employs 25-thousand people worldwide.