Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Mon December 6, 2010
President To Visit Forsyth Tech
President Barack Obama will be in North Carolina today visiting students at Forsyth Technical Community College.
President Obama’s visit is the highlight of a year of celebrations at Forsyth Tech. The community college is 50-years-old. For the first time in the school’s history – Forsyth Tech has more than 10-thousand students enrolled. Many of the students are laid off workers or those insecure about their current jobs. Gary Green is president of Forsyth Tech. He says President Obama’s visit means a lot.
"He will be ah, have a chance to meet with students, talk with students about what they’re doing, what they’re learning – what some of their career hopes and dreams are."
Mr. Obama will visit students studying Biotechnology – an area the state has pegged as a high growth industry.
Politics & Government