Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Mon December 6, 2010
President To Visit Forsyth Tech
President Barack Obama will be in North Carolina today visiting students at Forsyth Technical Community College.
President Obama’s visit is the highlight of a year of celebrations at Forsyth Tech. The community college is 50-years-old. For the first time in the school’s history – Forsyth Tech has more than 10-thousand students enrolled. Many of the students are laid off workers or those insecure about their current jobs. Gary Green is president of Forsyth Tech. He says President Obama’s visit means a lot.
"He will be ah, have a chance to meet with students, talk with students about what they’re doing, what they’re learning – what some of their career hopes and dreams are."
Mr. Obama will visit students studying Biotechnology – an area the state has pegged as a high growth industry.
Politics & Government