Most Active Stories
- North Carolina-Based Band Snags Notable 'Song Of The Year' Honors
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Movies on the Radio: Filmed in North Carolina
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Fri July 18, 2014
Politics and Polling with Ken Rudin
Former Baptist minister Mark Walker defeated Phil Berger Jr. in a runoff election for the 6th district Republican primary this week.
The upset surprised many observers and raises questions about GOP support for Walker in the general election. Also this week, Republican Representative Renee Ellmers’ comments about how to discuss issues related to women sparked controversy.
Host Frank Stasio talks with political junkie Ken Rudin about Berger’s loss, Ellmers’ remarks and the week in politics. They will also look at the art and science of polling with Tom Jensen, director of Public Policy Polling, and Jason Husser, assistant director of the Elon University Poll.