Most Active Stories
- 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Snapshots Capture Life in Depression-Era North Carolina
- Duke Mathematicians Investigate 2012 Election Results
- For Thanksgiving: 8 Vintage Recipes From Duke University's Cookbook Archives
- North Carolina Teachers Learn About Undocumented Immigrants Through Remarkable Story
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Fri July 18, 2014
Politics and Polling with Ken Rudin
Former Baptist minister Mark Walker defeated Phil Berger Jr. in a runoff election for the 6th district Republican primary this week.
The upset surprised many observers and raises questions about GOP support for Walker in the general election. Also this week, Republican Representative Renee Ellmers’ comments about how to discuss issues related to women sparked controversy.
Host Frank Stasio talks with political junkie Ken Rudin about Berger’s loss, Ellmers’ remarks and the week in politics. They will also look at the art and science of polling with Tom Jensen, director of Public Policy Polling, and Jason Husser, assistant director of the Elon University Poll.