Most Active Stories
- Political Flyer With Photo Of Lynching Distributed At North Carolina Church
- 'Masses' Of Sharks Near Shore On Carolina Coast
- Academic Fraud At UNC: Athletes Directed Toward Bogus Classes
- Photos Of Same-Sex Marriage Celebrations Around North Carolina
- 'Too Good To Be True' - Hundreds Of NC Schools Offer Free Meals To All Kids
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Tue May 13, 2014
Photographer Documents Post Office Closings Across Rural South
Although some regard the United States Postal Service as a beloved American icon, technological developments and budget concerns have taken a toll on the institution. Recent funding issues, competition and the rise of email have transformed the postal service into an endangered species. Thousands of post offices have closed their doors in the last three years.
A new photography project documents the decline of post offices in the rural American south. Host Frank Stasio talks with Durham-based photographer, Rachel Boillot about her latest project, Post Script.