Most Active Stories
- NC State Student Uncovered Neck Bone Of Biggest Dinosaur Ever
- NC Photographer Uses Pinup Photos As A Way For Women To Appreciate Their Bodies
- George Hamilton IV: 1937-2014. Five Songs That Made Him Famous
- 'Breathtaking' Images Discovered Of A 1950s Shoeshine Competition In North Carolina
- Did Speaker Tillis Really Cut $500 Million From Education?
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Tue May 13, 2014
Photographer Documents Post Office Closings Across Rural South
Although some regard the United States Postal Service as a beloved American icon, technological developments and budget concerns have taken a toll on the institution. Recent funding issues, competition and the rise of email have transformed the postal service into an endangered species. Thousands of post offices have closed their doors in the last three years.
A new photography project documents the decline of post offices in the rural American south. Host Frank Stasio talks with Durham-based photographer, Rachel Boillot about her latest project, Post Script.