Most Active Stories
- Carl Kasell Announces Retirement: Here Are 3 Things You Might Not Know About Him
- The Duke Porn Star: Three Waves Of Internet Shaming
- How A Confederate Ironclad Warship Landed On The Bottom Of The Neuse River
- What Is The Remotest Place In NC?
- South By Southeast: 18 Environmental Journalists Travel North Carolina
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Mon September 10, 2012
Peyton Manning Leads His New Team To A Win
Originally published on Mon September 10, 2012 6:42 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep with an update on new quarterbacks. Peyton Manning led his new team, the Broncos, to a season opening win. Andrew Luck, who replaced Manning at the Colts, lost. But Brandon Weeden had the toughest day. Before his game could even start, the new Browns quarterback was trapped under a giant American flag on the field. He stayed on his hands and knees until the national anthem was over, then he threw four interceptions as the Browns lost to Philadelphia. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.