Most Active Stories
- North Carolina-Based Band Snags Notable 'Song Of The Year' Honors
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- A North Carolina Pie That Elicits An 'Oh My God' Response
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Thu October 10, 2013
One House, Half In Palestine, Half In Israel
Mohammed El Kurd grew up in the East Jerusalem house where his family has lived for more than 50 years. In 2009, a group of Israeli settlers moved into a building on the property, claiming it as their own. Host Dick Gordon speaks to Mohammed and to a settler, Yaakov Fauci, to explore their relationship to the soil they share.
Also in this show: Playing the trumpet helped Jack Tueller get through a rough childhood, get through World War II – and meet his wife.