Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Fri October 12, 2012
North Carolina Literary Hall of Fame
The North Carolina Literary Hall of Fame recently brought Kay Byer onto its hallowed roster.
Byer was North Carolina's first female poet laureate, serving from 2005 to 2009. She spent her adult life in the mountains of western North Carolina, channeling the landscape and voices into her work. Her new book of poetry is called "Descent" (Louisiana State University Press/ 2012). Byer joins host Frank Stasio to talk about her writing.