Most Active Stories
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- National Geographic Report, 'Rising Seas: Will The Outer Banks Survive?'
- A Portrait Photographer Defies Social Norms
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Science & Technology
Wed October 19, 2011
New App Aims to Make Bus Travel Easier
Triangle commuters with high tech devices like smart phones will have a new source for busing information. GoLive aims to be a one-stop source for all the information a bus rider might need. That includes arrival times and routes across different systems. John Tallmadge is Director of Commuter Resources for Triangle Transit. He says right now Triangle commuters can pull up a tool to find out information about certain bus systems.
John Tallmadge: "But if they want to switch to another system, they have to pull up a separate tool to do that. What's unique about this is bringing all the agencies together into the same seamless interface. They'll go to one place and get the information about any of the systems no matter where they're going in the Triangle."
GoLive will be fully operational in November. Information about it can be found at gotriangle.org
Business & Economy