Most Active Stories
- Raleigh Viral Video: 'Xmas Jammies' Close To 11 Million Youtube Views
- DOT Secretary And SELC Director Debate Bonner Bridge
- Professors: NC Conservative Think Tank Trying To 'Bully' Chapel Hill Instructor
- Durham Police Use Tear Gas To Break Up Protest Of Teen's Death
- Listeners Comment: NC Ranks #7 On List Of Nation’s Worst Drivers
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Wed January 16, 2013
NC State Student Rushes Court in Wheelchair, Featured on "Today" Show
An N.C. State student is a local celebrity after he stormed the basketball court in his wheelchair when the Wolfpack beat top-ranked Duke last weekend. Senior Will Privette was one of the first students on the court Saturday. Privette says he was thrown to the ground when the crowd converged. But he continued celebrating after Wolfpack forward C.J. Leslie cleared the crowd and picked him up. Leslie joined Privette on NBC's "Today" show Tuesday morning.
CJ Leslie: "I was originally just going to put him back in his chair, but when he got in my arms he started cheering, so I was like, 'Wow,' so I just kept cheering with him. It was a good three or four minutes where he was just in my arms and we started cheering together. I know we cheered for at least three or four minutes, but after that I had to put him down because my arms were getting tired."
Privette has been interviewed for TV or radio appearances 17 times since the game.