Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Fri December 21, 2012
NC State Meets Vandy in Music City
In college football, NC State plays Vanderbilt today in the Music City Bowl.
The Wolfpack entered the season with hopes of an ACC championship, but posted just a seven and five record, resulting in the firing of head coach Tom O'Brien. New coach Dave Doeren won't lead State in this game. That job goes to offensive coordinator Dana Bible. The interim coach says today is both a challenge and a building block.
Dana Bible: "One of the biggest advantages is another chance to develop your team, your team is further along, more experienced so that when you hit spring practice you're starting at a different level than if you weren't involved with the bowl."
Vanderbilt will be playing in its home city of Nashville. The Commodores play in the SEC, college football's best conference and are trying for their longest winning streak in 64 years. A victory by NC State would match the best three-year run in school history. Kick-off is at noon.