Most Active Stories
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- A Portrait Photographer Defies Social Norms
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Thu June 12, 2014
NC Lawmakers Proposal Counter To US Supreme Court Water Contamination Ruling
The U.S. Supreme Court ruled this week that North Carolina homeowners could not proceed with their claims against CTS Corp. manufacturing plant because of the state's statute of repose. The ruling could have an effect on claims by individuals harmed by the water contamination at Camp Lejeune.
But North Carolina lawmakers are working to pass legislation that would enable suits on environmental claims. Host Frank Stasio talks with Representative Chuck McGrady (R-Henderson) about the bill. He also talks with Asheville Citizen-Times reporter John Boyle about the case.