Most Active Stories
- Raleigh Viral Video: 'Xmas Jammies' Close To 11 Million Youtube Views
- Evelin Huerta: 'My Brother's Death Is Still A Mystery'
- Professors: NC Conservative Think Tank Trying To 'Bully' Chapel Hill Instructor
- Listeners Comment: NC Ranks #7 On List Of Nation’s Worst Drivers
- How Did #NotYourAsianSidekick Become The Place To Talk About Race and Stereotypes Online?
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Mon November 12, 2012
Meet Renee Alexander Craft
In, 2008, Renee Alexander Craft lost one of her best friends to breast cancer. Craft says that cancer targets an individual, but when someone has it, that person’s whole community has it. As an act of healing, Craft wrote "I Will Love You Everywhere Always" (2012), to celebrate her friend’s life.
Craft has used writing throughout her life as an act of storytelling and survival. She performs this art in both her home state of North Carolina, as well as her second home, Portobelo, Panama. Host Frank Stasio talks with Renee Alexander Craft, an artist, ethnographer and professor of communications studies at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, about her life and work.