Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Mon January 7, 2013
Meet Laura Ritchie
Laura Ritchie’s great, great grandfather invented the soft drink Cheerwine, and it became a family business. But she never considered joining the company. Instead she wanted to become an artist. An experience in Florence, Italy showed her the value of the curators behind the great art exhibits. That led her to finish her art education at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and open her own art gallery, The Carrack Modern Art in Durham. Host Frank Stasio talks to Laura Ritchie about her life and opening The Carrack Modern Art.