Most Active Stories
- Raleigh Viral Video: 'Xmas Jammies' Close To 11 Million Youtube Views
- Evelin Huerta: 'My Brother's Death Is Still A Mystery'
- Professors: NC Conservative Think Tank Trying To 'Bully' Chapel Hill Instructor
- Listeners Comment: NC Ranks #7 On List Of Nation’s Worst Drivers
- How Did #NotYourAsianSidekick Become The Place To Talk About Race and Stereotypes Online?
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Mon January 7, 2013
Meet Laura Ritchie
Laura Ritchie’s great, great grandfather invented the soft drink Cheerwine, and it became a family business. But she never considered joining the company. Instead she wanted to become an artist. An experience in Florence, Italy showed her the value of the curators behind the great art exhibits. That led her to finish her art education at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and open her own art gallery, The Carrack Modern Art in Durham. Host Frank Stasio talks to Laura Ritchie about her life and opening The Carrack Modern Art.