Most Active Stories
- Duke Mathematicians Investigate 2012 Election Results In North Carolina
- Public Safety Officials: NC Prison Officers Are Getting More Threats From Prison Gangs
- Change Is In The Air For DENR, State Parks
- 'The Last Barn Dance:' Innovation At A North Carolina Dairy Farm
- Teen Author Explores An Alternate Reality
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Mon July 11, 2011
Meet Josh Whiton
North Carolina entrepreneur Josh Whiton had his first business at the age of five when he sold tadpoles to his neighborhood friends. Now, he is the CEO of TransLoc Inc., a company that tracks city buses in real time.
But Whiton doesn't just want a business; he wants to change the world. He’s also started an urban farm, launched another company that spreads the gospel of the electric car and, in his free time, Whiton likes to dabble in psychology and philosophy.