Most Active Stories
- 'Masses' Of Sharks Near Shore On Carolina Coast
- Photos Of Same-Sex Marriage Celebrations Around North Carolina
- Political Flyer With Photo Of Lynching Distributed At Fayetteville, NC Church
- McCrory Says He'll Uphold Gay North Carolinians' Right To Marry
- After 23 Years Together, Lesbian Couple Plans Church Wedding
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Mon July 21, 2014
Meet Jasmine Beach-Ferrara
Rev. Jasmine Beach-Ferrara is an ordained minister and published author who uses her faith work and fiction writing to create new strategies for supporting LGBT communities in the South.
She came out as a teenager in North Carolina at a time when people didn’t talk openly about homosexuality, and when she went away to college, she never imagined that she would come back. But after working at an AIDS hospital, teaching in prison, and getting masters degrees in creative writing and divinity, she decided that living in the South and promoting equality and reconciliation was her true calling.
Host Frank Stasio talks with Jasmine Beach-Ferrara about her life, career and activism.