Most Active Stories
- North Carolina-Based Band Snags Notable 'Song Of The Year' Honors
- Charlotte, NC: Take A Virtual Ride On The World's Tallest, Fastest Giga Rollercoaster (Video)
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Mon July 21, 2014
Meet Jasmine Beach-Ferrara
Rev. Jasmine Beach-Ferrara is an ordained minister and published author who uses her faith work and fiction writing to create new strategies for supporting LGBT communities in the South.
She came out as a teenager in North Carolina at a time when people didn’t talk openly about homosexuality, and when she went away to college, she never imagined that she would come back. But after working at an AIDS hospital, teaching in prison, and getting masters degrees in creative writing and divinity, she decided that living in the South and promoting equality and reconciliation was her true calling.
Host Frank Stasio talks with Jasmine Beach-Ferrara about her life, career and activism.