Most Active Stories
- It's Final: UNC Board of Governors Votes To Close Academic Centers
- Stranded At School: Chapel Hill-Carrboro Lets Out Before Buses Can Hit The Road
- The Life, Legacy, And Science of "Queen of Agrobacterium" Mary-Dell Chilton
- Snowstorm Knocks Out Power For Thousands - Black Ice Threat Through Friday Morning
- Brian Blade Brings 'Praise From The Heart' to Chapel Hill
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State Of Things
Mon June 23, 2014
Meet Geri Dawson: Expanding The Field of Autism Research
When Geri Dawson was a graduate student in psychology, she chose an obscure field: autism. Little was known about the disease at the time. More than three decades later, diagnoses have increased dramatically and Dawson is a leader in the field.
Host Frank Stasio talks with Dawson, director of the Duke Center for Autism Diagnosis and Treatment, about her career and the state of autism research and treatment.