Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Mon July 30, 2012
Meet Bishop Michael Curry
Bishop Michael Curry grew up in an Episcopal Church steeped in the civil rights movement. This early example of faith as an instrument of change followed him throughout his life and spurred him to become an Episcopal priest.
He became the first African American Bishop of a Southern diocese when he was named Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of North Carolina. Host Frank Stasio talks to Bishop Michael Curry about his life and faith.