Most Active Stories
- Carl Kasell Announces Retirement: Here Are 3 Things You Might Not Know About Him
- The Duke Porn Star: Three Waves Of Internet Shaming
- Durham-Chapel Hill Light Rail Project: Where Those Rails Might Go
- 'High School Is Not Easy. It's Not'
- NC County Will Trade Vintage Bonnie And Clyde Style Machine Guns For New Weapons
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Mon December 23, 2013
Meet Bill Adair
2007 was a historic year for American politics. It was the lead-up to the 2008 elections where the first black president ever would be elected. Bill Adair was the Washington Bureau Chief for the St. Petersburg Times, and he was frustrated. The amount of spin and outright lying coming out of the campaigns sent him reeling. But he had an idea: PolitFact. Host Frank Stasio talks to Bill Adair, professor of computational journalism at Duke University’s Sanford School of Public Policy, about his creation.