Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- Why Legislators Are Changing State Environmental Policy
- The Complex Identities Of Some Of America's Most Famous Black Men
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Business & Economy
Thu November 29, 2012
Manufacturing Solutions Center Expands
One of the busiest businesses incubators in the state is in Catawba County. And now the Manufacturing Solutions Center is expanding.
For years, the Manufacturing Solutions Center tried to work its magic in a modest space at Catawba Valley Community College. Today – is the grand opening of its new offices – a total of 40-thousand square feet. Executive Director Dan St. Louis says he hates to hear people say manufacturing is dead. "The next person who tells me that, I’m going to let them answer my phone for a day and then I want him to tell me that manufacturing is dead. Because we spend a couple of hours a day, every day, trying to source goods back from somewhere else back to the US. And the guys are really busy," said St. Louis.
The Manufacturing Solutions Center helps new and older companies test products, build prototypes, and improve efficiency. St. Louis says they get calls for help from around the world.