Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Mon May 20, 2013
The Man Who Quantifies Every Moment Of Every Day
Chris Dancy keeps metrics on himself for every moment of every day.
He knows the number of steps he travels in a day, his average heart rate, and the amount of food he’s eaten. The “Quantified Man,” says keeping statistics makes him a better employee and it’s in the future of everyone’s work.
Hear this conversation on The Story's site. Also in this show: Roman Mars of the 99% Invisible podcast looks back to a time when we sent information using pneumatic tubes - the kind you might still see in a drive through bank; and host Dick Gordon checks in with Ben Harris and Scott Haren, who suffer from ALS and have tried to make their own medicine to stop the progress of their disease.