Most Active Stories
- Political Flyer With Photo Of Lynching Distributed At North Carolina Church
- 'Masses' Of Sharks Near Shore On Carolina Coast
- Academic Fraud At UNC: Athletes Directed Toward Bogus Classes
- Photos Of Same-Sex Marriage Celebrations Around North Carolina
- 'Too Good To Be True' - Hundreds Of NC Schools Offer Free Meals To All Kids
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Thu July 31, 2014
Life After Hormones And Blood Sugar Go Beserk
Tim Anderson grew up in north Raleigh as a gay, sugar-obsessed teenager.
At age 15, a month after he started to acknowledge his sexuality, he was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. His new memoir Sweet Tooth (Lake Union Publishing/2014) interweaves stories about coming of age and coming out; it uses humor and post-punk music references to portray his reluctant struggle to maintain control over his diabetes diagnosis.
Guest host Phoebe Judge talks to Anderson about his life and writing.