Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Fri November 9, 2012
For Laila Nur, moving from New York to Virginia with her family was a choice. Later, however, moving away from her family was a necessity. Laila came out as queer. And that not only went against her family’s beliefs. It went against her religion – Islam. She has been struggling with these contradictions ever since. Laila developed her revolutionary music style in Greensboro at age 17. She talks with host Frank Stasio and plays live at the Upstage Cabaret of the Triad Stage.