Most Active Stories
- North Carolina-Based Band Snags Notable 'Song Of The Year' Honors
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- NORAD's Santa Tracker Began With A Typo And A Good Sport
- A North Carolina Pie That Elicits An 'Oh My God' Response
- The “Lost” Recordings of an Overlooked Banjo Great
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Thu July 17, 2014
Children learn a great deal about money from their parents. But which aspects are parents wont to teach and which do they often conceal? Researcher Lynsey Romo sought to answer that in her new study, "Money Matters: Children's Perceptions of Parent-Child Financial Disclosure".
Host Frank Stasio talks with Lynsey Romo, Communication Studies professor at North Carolina State University; Pam Hartley, vice president of play experience at Marbles Kids Museum; and Jan Dillon, director of the North Carolina Center for Financial Literacy.