Most Active Stories
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- A Portrait Photographer Defies Social Norms
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Wed October 30, 2013
Inviting Strangers To Live With You
For most people, the home is a private sanctuary. But for Jonathan Wilson-Hartgrove and his family, inviting strangers to live in their house is just a way of life.
The devotee of radical hospitality opens his home to some of Durham’s most needy. Host Frank Stasio talks with Wilson-Hartgrove about the experiences and his latest book, “Strangers At My Door: An Experiment In Radical Hospitality” (Convergent Books/2013).