Most Active Stories
- North Carolina-Based Band Snags Notable 'Song Of The Year' Honors
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- A North Carolina Pie That Elicits An 'Oh My God' Response
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Wed October 30, 2013
Inviting Strangers To Live With You
For most people, the home is a private sanctuary. But for Jonathan Wilson-Hartgrove and his family, inviting strangers to live in their house is just a way of life.
The devotee of radical hospitality opens his home to some of Durham’s most needy. Host Frank Stasio talks with Wilson-Hartgrove about the experiences and his latest book, “Strangers At My Door: An Experiment In Radical Hospitality” (Convergent Books/2013).