Most Active Stories
- Carl Kasell Announces Retirement: Here Are 3 Things You Might Not Know About Him
- The Duke Porn Star: Three Waves Of Internet Shaming
- Durham-Chapel Hill Light Rail Project: Where Those Rails Might Go
- 'High School Is Not Easy. It's Not'
- NC County Will Trade Vintage Bonnie And Clyde Style Machine Guns For New Weapons
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Thu February 14, 2013
How to Travel the World, Have a Successful Career, And Be Happily Married
To the Soundtrack of a Violin
Dick speaks with Toby and Itzhak Perlman about their marriage of 46 years, and how they met at music camp and became friends listening to classical music on records.
Being married, they say, is constant work and one way they managed it was to always be a family. Their five children went on tour with them and so days were filled with grocery shopping and playgrounds, which grounded them. And then the music was always there to help them take flight.
Illegal Mail and Love Notes
A story from the Blunt Youth Radio Project about the rules at Maine's Long Creek Youth Development Center, which include no note passing. The young people there hate the rule and share their thoughts with youth reporter Jacorey.
To listen to this story and more from The Story, visit www.thestory.org.