Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Thu February 7, 2013
How Climate Change Could Threaten The Food Supply
Climate change often sparks concerns over rising sea levels and melting ice caps. But its impact on agriculture could be just as devastating. A new report from the US Department of Agriculture highlights the potential problems and how farmers will have to adapt. Host Frank Stasio talks about the report with Laura Lengnick, the Director of the Sustainable Agriculture Program at Warren Wilson College in Asheville and a lead author of the report; and Tami Schwerin, executive director of the Abundance Foundation in Pittsboro.